Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Soozie and Sky

Feb 29 2008

Was able to see some friends from Denver on the island of Ko Phangan. Soozie and Sky had been staying in Phuket for 2 months staying at Sky's cousins place. Initially I had met Soozie several yrs ago after I had attended one of her yoga classes at corepoweryoga. Later on I was at Dana's bday party at Opal restaurant in Denver and bumped into her there and introduced myself. She is also a massage therapist, however we have not been able to find a time to trade with each other. In addition to living in Denver part of the yr, Soozie and Sky also live on the island of Hawaii. I attended one of Soozie's yoga classes last Dec several wks before I was to leave to Thailand and discovered that she and Sky were going to be in Thailand the same time I was.

We finally we able to meet up Friday night as they made their way over to Ko Phangan for the Halfmoon party in the jungle. Was great to be able to hang out with them and see some familiar faces from back home. The Halfmoon party was very cool. We arrived around midnight or so as crowds were starting to pile in. We stuck around for several hrs before deciding to head out, right around the time the party was pulling into full gear. The moon parties here really don't start peaking till around 2 or 3 in the morning. Anyway, several hrs were enough for me and I didn't really need to be partying on night long till dawn. I just winding sleeping too late the next day and wasting half the day.

Planning on making my way over to Phuket within the wk to see them. Soozie is teaching yoga classes at a studio in Phuket so looking forward to attending one of her classes. Probably won't stick around for too long as I have to do a visa run and then start heading on up to Chiang Mai to take some more thai massage classes from local teachers and masters. I had been planning to attend a very cool sounding thai masage workshop entitled 'Thai Massage meets Osteopathy'. However I recently received news that the workshop is waitlisted and I am number 12 on the list. I had no idea that the workshops fill up so quick. A bit disappointing but I will undoubably find other valuable classes and workshops to attend.

No comments: